Animal Hospital of Bonita located in southwest Florida, FL is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
We are a 1-doctor general small animal and exotics practice located in Bonita Springs, Florida, situated between Naples and Ft. Myers. We believe in providing quality health care for all pets in a warm and welcoming environment, as well as giving back through involvement with rescue organizations and community outreach.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with the owner/veterinarian and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
Salary commensurate with experience. Pro-sal with guaranteed base pay. 401K, 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 sick days, CE allowance, license, health insurance. Low-drama working environment with attention to adequate work-life balance, improving one's education and advancing current medical techniques. This is not a job, it is a career.
New grads or old grads welcome. The right candidate will be interested in his/her work, listen to clients, want to learn no matter how long they have been practicing, be able to take AND GIVE criticism.
About the Hospital
Animal Hospital of Bonita is well-established in the community, located in the same space since 1997. We enjoy knowing the clients, and serving them in times of need. We also follow the “Stay well, not get well” philosophy as a general practice for dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, and small furry friends. This will include directions for diet, exercise, behavior, husbandry, dentistry and general well-being.
We are a large facility on the main road through the city, and include 3 exam rooms, a large treatment area, surgery suite, dental area, boarding with large and small dog wards and a separate cat ward. Other equipment include digital x-ray for excellent films in seconds, isoflourane anesthesia, electro-surgery, new ultrasonic dental equipment, newest version Intravet software, in-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries, SediVue urinalysis run by technicians. Also close association with several external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories. Three 24-hour emergency facilities in the area-- you will not see overnight emergencies unless you want to.
About the Community
Southwest Florida has beautiful weather year round. We are considered a beach town, but because of the demand from our residents, have big-city restaurants and shopping. Go west 3 minutes and you will be at the beach. Go east and you will be in the everglades, with Miami 2 hours further. The relaxing Florida keys are 6 hours south. Multiple international airports are also minutes away for further travel. For the outdoor enthusiasts, we have nature preserves, bike trails that crisscross the city and water sports galore. Water lovers may enjoy fishing, jet skiing, boating or just relaxing on the beach.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs complete physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, behavioral and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- License in good standing to practice in Florida.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.